Confluence Art Gallery invites submissions for its Confluence of Expression – Floral and Botanical Art Exhibition, an online juried art exhibition with the winners exhibiting their entries at Green Door Art Gallery, St Louis, MO.
For this exhibit, artists are encouraged to share their artistic vision and interpretation of floral art, including - flowers, gardens, botanicals and related floral subjects. The artwork can range from realism to surrealism to abstraction and all artists, regardless of location or experience, are encouraged to submit.
This exhibit excludes photography.
Dates and Deadlines
•Deadline for Entries: April 1, 2017
•Opening of Online Exhibition: April 27th, through June 30th, 2017
•May 7th -June 29th, 2017 Award winner will be exhibited at Green Door Art Gallery in St. Louis, Mo.
Online Exhibition Closed & Archived: June 30th, 2017 (remains on website under "Archived Exhibitions”)
•A non-refundable entry fee of $10 for first artwork.
•Additional images may be submitted for a non-refundable fee of $10 each.
•A maximum of 5 images will be accepted per artist.
•Payment is required at the time of entry.
Acceptable Mediums & Sizes
•Competition is open in the following 2D mediums: painting (all mediums), drawing, pastel, ink, pencil, encaustic, and mixed media.
•Photography and digital imaging are excluded for this competition.
•Maximum size limitation for artwork is 30" x 40" x 3"
Awards and Prizes
- Cash awards will be given to the Grand Prize winner as well as 1st and 2nd place winners.
Grand Prize, $200 plus one year representation on Confluence Art Gallery website
1st Place, $100 plus one year representation on Confluence Art Gallery website
2nd Place, $50
Ribbons for 8 to 10 Honorable Mentions
- Winners, including honorable mentions, will have the opportunity to exhibit their award winning art at Green Door Art Gallery, Webster Groves, MO (Saint Louis, MO) from May 7th through June 29th and be part of the May 12th artist reception prior to Mother’s Day (May 14th).
- The Best in Show winner and 1st place winner will be the "Featured Artists" on the Confluence Art Gallery website for one year and will have the opportunity to display, promote and sell a collection of their art through Confluence Art Gallery.
- All accepted artworks will be on display online for the duration of the exhibition. The artists may choose to sell their accepted art through Confluence Art Gallery. Upon submission, artists may choose to price their artwork for sale or mark it Not For Sale (NFS).
- All winners and accepted artists will receive extensive online publicity and promotion.
- Depending on the number and quality of all submissions received, additional Honorable Mention and/or Special Recognition awards may be given.
Confluence Art Gallery utilizes the EntryThingy platform to receive, process and jury all competition entries. EntryThingy provides artists with a free, secure and easy-to-use system to apply to a wide variety of national (and international) juried art exhibitions 24 hours a day. There is no cost to the artist to register on the site and all payments processed through EntryThingy are secure. EntryThingy accepts both credit cards and PayPal.
Artists who submit an entry and images to Confluence Art Gallery must agree to Confluence Art Gallery's and Competition Rules.
Read the full Competition Rules on the submission page. Click the button below to submit:
Juried Competition Rules
1-314-325-6130 or email@example.com
- Open to artists worldwide.
- Must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Entries must follow the competition theme.
- Work must be the original creation of the artist and completed within the past 3 years. Work completed under the direction of an instructor or in a class/workshop is ineligible.
- Mediums and size limitations; please see the competition’s specific guidelines for details.
- You may enter works of art that have won art competition awards in other shows.
Accepted entries will be selected from digital photographs submitted through EntryThingy.
- Image should not exceed 3MB.
- Image should be in jpeg format, 72 dpi.
- Image should not contain any frame, mat, watermark, copyright or signatures for the judging.
- Image should be labeled as
- LastName_FirstName_Title.jpeg Example: John_Doe_Untitled.jpg. Do not include special characters such as # ! * or stray spaces in the file name. Doing so may prevent the file from uploading.
- Images must be clear and in focus. Images of artwork that is improperly exposed or out of focus will be rejected from judging. Please remember that your photographs reflect your skills and represent your work.
- Confluence Art Gallery may crop for formatting purposes for promotional and advertising use, in slide shows, YouTube videos, Confluence Art Gallery presentations and marketing materials, and for other areas of the website where your images may appear. Other than cropping, your images will not be modified, color corrected or enhanced.
Selection and Awards
Selections will be made by Confluence Art Gallery Owners and Artists, Sandy Brooks, Diane Tessman, Garry McMichael, and/or invited guest jurors who are prominent in the art world, including other artists and art professionals.
Artwork will be judged based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, interpretation, quality, overall design, demonstration of artistic ability, and mastery of your chosen medium.
The submission of entries/images does not guarantee you will be selected for participation in the online exhibition. Only “accepted” work will be on exhibit.
All accepted images will appear in our online exhibition from April 27th, 2017 through June 30, 2017. After that, it will be archived on the site.
The Best in Show winners will be the "Featured Artists" on the website for the duration of the exhibition. The Award Winners will be invited to participate in Green Door Art Gallery May/June Mother’s Day Exhibition and the May 12 artist’s reception.
Accepted artists and award winners for Confluence Art of Expression Floral and Botanical art exhibition will be notified by email by April 17th, 2017.
Artwork exhibited at Green Door Art Gallery must be framed and wired for hanging. NO sawtooth hangers. Gallery wrap is acceptable, provided the painting extends and covers all four sides of the gallery wrap. Color borders are NOT acceptable.
Award winning work to be exhibited at Green Door Art Gallery must be delivered to Green Door Gallery by April 28, 2017. Artists are responsible for the expense of delivery and return of the art including insurance. Delivery information and requirements will be provided to award winning artists by April 17th.
Cash awards will be paid through PayPal or by check within 21 days of the notification of winning.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- A non-refundable entry fee of $10 is required per image. Artists may submit up to 5 images per entry.
Please ensure you are choosing the correct entry fee for the number of images you are entering.
- Payment is required at the time of entry.
- Entry fees are NOT refundable.
Please refer to the Confluence Art Gallery website and/or the submission guidelines for submission deadlines.
All winning artists will provide a short Bio or Artist Statement (400 word limit), written in the third person. This is your opportunity to tell us a little bit about yourself, including your artistic training, inspiration, media choice, or anything that you might like people to know about you and your art. If you have a website, please include your website URL and/or email address. Please note that any statements/bios that exceed the word limit or are poorly written will be edited.
If your artwork is accepted, it may be linked directly to your website so potential collectors may see your art and contact you directly.
If accepted artists wish to sell their art through Confluence Art Gallery, we will market your artwork in the Confluence Art of Expression Floral and Botanical Art Exhibition and during the Green Door Art Gallery Exhibition. Artists will set the selling price for the artwork or mark the artwork Not For Sale (NFS) in their submissions. Pricing should reflect the artist’s current pricing structure. Confluence Art Gallery will take a 30% commission of the sales price set by the artist. Sales may be made directly through the online gallery or our exhibiting partner, Green Door Art Gallery.
By submitting artwork to Confluence Art Gallery, the Artist understands and agrees that they are “opting in” and will be placed on our email list and will receive future email announcements and email notices from us. If you want to be removed from this email list, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email and we will remove you immediately from all future emails.
Artists who submit an entry and images to Confluence Art Gallery must agree to the terms and conditions of this prospectus. In addition to the criteria mentioned in the previous sections, the following policies apply:
Submissions received after the posted deadline will not be considered.
Once a submission is made, no image substitutions may be made. Additional entries can be submitted by returning to EntryThingy and entering the competition again provided you don’t go over five submissions per artist rule.
All work must remain in the online and in the physical exhibition for the entire duration of the exhibition. No early withdrawals will be permitted.
Confluence Art Gallery reserves the right to cancel an exhibition, extend deadlines, or change exhibition dates. In the event of an exhibition cancellation, entry fees that have been paid will be refunded.
By submitting work to be considered for the exhibition, artists grant Confluence Art Gallery a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce the images of their artwork on our website, in the marketing of any art competitions including, but not limited to the gallery’s social media network outlets. Confluence Art Gallery is granted usage of the chosen artwork, for display, marketing and promotional purposes for that art exhibition and for any future Confluence Art Gallery themed art competitions and exhibitions - either online or in co-operating art gallery. Usage of the image(s) is limited to any Confluence Art Gallery publicity including, but not limited to, ads, marketing materials, press releases, event presentations, articles, compilation slide shows and videos, brochures, catalogs, posters, event mailers, and for use on the Confluence Art Gallery website and in the gallery.
The artist agrees that Confluence Art Gallery can maintain an archive of the chosen artwork for posterity as part of a historical site record of past exhibitions. This archive will be available only on the Confluence Art Gallery website. Confluence Art Gallery will provide credit for each image with the Artist Name, Title and the Artist Email/Website, if applicable. The artist shall retain all copyrights of any images that are submitted to Confluence Art Gallery.
No images may be copied or downloaded from the Confluence Art Gallery website. Confluence Art Gallery does not claim ownership of the artwork you submit for consideration. All images attached to the Confluence Art Gallery website are the property of the respective artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all other applicable rights to said images.
These rules may be updated from time to time, so please be read them before you agree to them.
To enter, click HERE